The Texas Kump Family

Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2007

A little more details...

I thought that I would add a little more about our new life here in Texas.
We are loving the town we live in. McKinney is full of fun things to do. The boys and I stay pretty busy everyday. The boys are getting along really well with our neighbor, Hunter, who is eight years old. They all play together everyday now that it is summer time.
Our ward is pretty amazing. People at church are very friendly and we're enjoying how close-knit the ward is. Jeff is teaching the 11-12 year old primary class. He always has fun stories to tell after church on Sundays. I've just been called to teach the 2nd Sunday of each month in Relief Society. My first lesson is tomorrow. I'm more nervous than I thought I would be; RS seems so much more intimidating than Primary or Young Womens! Landon loves his CTR5 class. And Blake cannot wait to go to Nursery each week. We just couldn't be happier with the ward.
Life outside of Utah is still an adjustment. We miss all our family back in Utah. The boys really miss their cousins. Nana and Papa Roe visited in April and Grammy and Papa Kump visited just last week, so the boys have fortunately had some time with their grandparents.
Jeff loves his new job. He is very busy, as he mentioned in his post. He tries very hard to make time to spend with the family. Infact, he took the boys to the pool for a couple hours today. They had so much more fun with Daddy than they do with me at the pool! So, that was great. It also gave me some time to work on my lesson some more. (I need all the time I can get.)
I'm adjusting well to the move. Texas feels like home to me. I have had a lot of fun setting up our house and still have a lot more plans!!!! My only challenge is my weight. I've gained all of my weight back since moving here. (Getting bored or lonely and eating.) Any words of encouragement from anyone would be greatly appreciated. It just seems to be an on-going struggle for me these past few years.
Sugar, our little border/yorkie mix is a blast. She lets the boys carry her all over the place. She loves to play fetch and already knows the place to be is under the dining room table whenever the boys are eating.
Well, that sums things up for now. I'll write more soon!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you finally started a blog. Your boys are getting so big. I remember the day Landon was just a baby and Ryan and him had so much fun playing together. I love your house. It is so cute and you have decorated beautifully. I am jealous. I am glad you are doing well in Texas and everyone is adjusting to the change. Sounds like everything is perfect!

Linda said...

Marcie,
How did your lesson go? Did they put in a new RS and Primary President yesterday? Was your lesson on Provident living? Our trip to the Kump reunion went well. We are excited to see you next weekend. Love, Linda

Julie Jan said...

While it is good to be back and close to family, we do miss Texas. We were right in your area too. I actually have friends that live in McKinney. What subdivision do you live in and what ward are you in? I will give them your blog and they will have to meet up with you.