The Texas Kump Family

Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Harry Potter


So, I stayed up until almost 1 am finishing up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I absolutely loved the entire series. I can now see what all the fuss has been all about for so long! The great thing about waiting until now to read them was that I was able to move from one book to the next without having to wait a year for it to be published!
I decided to read them because Landon is really into Harry Potter now. He saw the first movie, and he really enjoyed it. And I had started reading the first book to both of the boys. However, I think some of the other movies are way too mature for him. We'll wait a few more years, same with the books.
I could go on and on about how much fun I had reading these books, but I don't want to bore anyone. I'll just say, if there's anyone left who hasn't read these, they are missing out!!!!


I'm so glad I finally finished and got to find out how it ended! Lots of surprises! I cannot wait to see the last couple of books made into movies.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I love Harry Potter too! I've actually been re-reading the last 4 this month and had forgotten how fun they were. I'm glad you finally read them. I'm looking forward to reading them to Gabby in a few years.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Danielle's sister. I was just like you..Jack and Danielle RAVED about Harry Potter and I was like "eh". I read the first book out of boredom and within 1 week had read ALL of the books. JK Rowling is amazing! Now I have turned into a total Harry Potter geek. Jack and I fight about who was Lily Potter's real soulmate..he says James and I say Snape. What do you think? p.s.- How do you know Martha Willis? She was my college roommate!

Me said...

Never mind Lori, she's obsessed with greasy haired snivellous, and she only like the James Potter types if they're gay.
Harry Potter is probably my favorite series to read. I think I've read all the books 3 times through. I like it more than the Lord of the Rings series and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series.
Oh, and Marcie you look great.

Heather said...

I have read all of them three times, I think. Maybe not the last one. I love JK Rowlings writing and I really hope she decides to write more. Those books are absolutely magical, in the best way. Seth loves Harry Potter and is trying to read the first but he's really only skimming it.

Melanie said...

Hey, I tried to tell you. You really should listen to me more.